Do you notice condensation or moisture in-between your windows around your home? Here are some quick and easy tips and things to do to remove the moisture and prevent it from coming back:
- Keep your home well-ventilated. Open windows and use exhaust fans to help circulate air and remove moisture.
- Run a dehumidifier in the room where the windows are located, which can help absorb moisture from the air.
- Insulate your windows to help prevent drafts and keep warm air inside your home.
- Fix any leaks or cracks in the windows or window frames to prevent water from entering your home.
- Clean your windows regularly with a squeegee and a solution of water and vinegar to remove any buildup of dirt and grime.
- Apply weatherstripping to the window frames to help keep out drafts and prevent moisture from entering your home.
- Try not to dry clothes inside the house, if you have to use a dryer, vent it outside.
- Don't overuse bathroom or kitchen exhaust fans, as they can cause negative pressure that pulls moisture inside from outside.
- Check your window sills for any signs of rot or water damage. Repair or replace them as necessary.
- If the problem persists despite your best efforts, it might be a good idea to consult a professional who can assess the situation and provide additional solutions.
By following these tips, you can help keep your windows moisture-free and prevent any damage or rot that may occur.
Multifamily Development Opportunities
Oregon presents a great opportunity for multifamily development due to its steady population growth and strong demand for affordable housing....
Salem/Keizer Market Update
During the month of January, the residential real estate market was slow, which is typical for this time of year...
Pro Tip: Keep Your Windows Free From Moisture
Do you notice condensation or moisture in-between your windows around your home? Here are some quick and easy tips and...
Interest Rates Decline 6 Weeks in a Row
Interest rates have been slowly declining for the past 6 weeks! According to FRED, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis,...
Legacy Real Estate Recognized at MVAR's Annual Awards Banquet
Last week the Mid-Willamette Valley Association of Realtors (MVAR) celebrated our community of brokers and industry affiliates at the annual...
368 Garland Way N, Keizer
FOR SALE Well maintained single level home in Keizer. Three bedrooms and 2.5 baths with a living room and family room,...